Re: [squid-users] delay pools and acls

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 16:07:58 -0800

McDouglas wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is is possible to to assign delay pools to acls instead of domain
> names? I use an external acl to verify if a given user belongs to a
> given windows group (using wbinfo_group) and i'd like to limit his
> bandwith depending on group membership (teachers can use 1 mbit,
> students only 250kbit)
>
> Thanks

The post at
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200704/0292.html
seems to indicate that it should work. The FAQ gives that impression as
well
(http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/MiscFeatures?#head-fd9b4b7ba1854a3c21796173af9d0b9aee33e376):

"...delay behavior is selected by ACLs (low and high priority traffic,
staff vs students or student vs authenticated student or so on)."

Chris