Re: [squid-users] squid_radius_auth accepts any credentials!

From: Neil A. Hillard <neil.hillard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 08:53:24 +0100

Henrik,

>> I'm currently using squid 2.5 stable 6 (I know it's old but it works
>> and isn't the root of the problem!). Am using squid_radius_auth against
>> out RADIUS server.
>
> Which version of squid_radius_auth?

Many thanks for the reply. The one detail I new I had to state I
forgot! I was originally running 1.06 and upgraded to 1.08 when the
problem was identified. I originally thought it had resolved the
problem but later found out that it was still there!

> Looks like the version of squid_radius_auth you have is broken.. Which
> version is it, and from where did you get it?

I obtained both 1.06 and 1.08 from
http://www.squid-cache.org/contrib/squid_radius_auth.

> Hmm.. looking at my partially maintained copy.. looks like I may have
> fixed this exact issue quite some time ago (a year to be exact) but
> never published a new copy. Oh well. Version 1.09 now published as
> http://www.squid-cache.org/contrib/squid_radius_auth/, please give it a
> try.

I'll download it now and get a change in to put it live.

I'll post here and let everyone know whether it's OK now. I'll compare
the sources but can you summarise what needed resolving?

Many thanks,

                                Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    neil.hillard@agustawestland.com