Re: [squid-users] log user activity

From: K K <kkadow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 09:38:58 -0500

On 6/5/07, Kamal Paryani <kamalparyani@gmail.com> wrote:
> in squid can we log all user web based activity - like
> can we have a keylogger kind of a output of whatever activity they
> have done on the web

Squid, like any other web proxy, will log the basic details of each
HTTP converation, but not the contents of a POST. Additionally, there
is no ability to peer into TLS (HTTPS) conversations over CONNECT.

> for e.g. if they use gmail to send mail or chat can we log all the
> matter they type like in a keylogger

Sorry, no, what you ask for is not possible with *any* web proxy, and
is likely to be illegal (and is always unethical, IMHO)

Kevin