[squid-users] HTCP Questions

From: Evan Klitzke <evan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 21:18:40 -0700

Everyone,

I'm in the process of upgrading some squid servers from an early 2.5
release to 2.6. Right now we have a relatively simple setup, with
squids on two different boxes that act as siblings; in the future we
will probably be maintaining this sort of flat hierarchy if additional
squids are added. They squids currently communicate with each other
using ICP. Are there any compelling reasons to use HTCP rather than
ICP? My limited understanding of the subject is that as it stands ICP
and HTCP are roughly equivalent, but that the HTCP implementation in
Squid 3.0 will be improved and that might make HTCP more compelling at
that time. Is this correct? For a simple flat hierarchy with sibling
squids will moving to HTCP provide any tangible benefits? Are there
any risks in migrating to HTCP?

--
Evan Klitzke <evan@yelp.com>