Re: [squid-users] Reccommendation for ftp proxy software?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 11:05:13 +0200

On 05.06.07 11:40, Michael St. Laurent wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a linux based FTP proxy
> with the same sort of NTLM auth capability as Squid? I need to set up
> something to proxy requests from Explorer as well as from FTP client
> programs.

the FTP protocol does not support proxying, so you can't use NTLM
authentication with FTP proxy. You can use 'frox' which implements
intercepting FTP connections and maybe use external authentication with it.
However NTLM requires communication with client which is not applicable in
FTP.

I don't have lysdexia. The Dog wouldn't allow that.