Re: FW: [squid-users] always_direct

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:38:43 -0800

Jason Neurohr wrote:
> Sorry, I should have been more clear. So basically I have a website which i dont want squid to proxy. This is because the website requires the user to authenticate with NTLM (IIS Intergrated Security). As squid can't pass the authentication traffic, (accoring to some sources i've read) it instantly returns a 401.2 Unauthorized message.

Please don't post your replies to the top of the message. It makes the
archives hard to read.

Squid 2.6 can proxy NTLM authentication. There is no way for Squid to
bypass itself. If you don't want to use Squid for accessing a site, you
are going to have to specify that outside of your Squid configuration
(in a proxy.pac or the browser's proxy settings, etc.).

Chris