[squid-users] Red Hat 5 - Squid 2.6 Stable 13 WCCP V2 and GRE

From: Van Der Hart, Kevin <kvanderhart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 08:28:15 -0500

I am trying to get a transparent proxy working via WCCP V2 and am having
an issue. I am running Red Hat 5 fully updated. IP Forwarding is
enabled, RP_FILTER is disabled, the firewall is disabled. The kernel on
Red Hat 5 is 2.6.18 which is supposed to have the patched version of
ip_gre. My iptable entry is built to port map traffic on port 80 to 3128
and I have tested that it is working. The gre tunnel is online and I can
see traffic coming through the tunnel to port 80. The SYN packet comes
in but no SYN ACK ever leaves. I placed a laptop on the same subnet as
the Linux machine and pointed my default route to the Linux machine. The
transparent proxying worked properly,I could surf the Internet, and I
saw the requests in my access.log file so I am confident that Squid is
configured properly for transparency. The device that is using WCCP V2
to send the traffic to my cache sees that the cache is there and shows
no errors. ifconfig gre1 show lots of RX packets but no TX. Any ideas?

Thanks!