Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid Seems to be Rate-Limiting TCP_HIT Downloads

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 22:12:41 +0800

On Sat, Jun 09, 2007, RW wrote:
> Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > Just humour me and try aufs using libthr :P
>
> I rebuilt and reconfigured squid for aufs, and then deleted and
> reinitialized the cache. As I expected, it made no difference.

Thats fine, now we know.

> It's very consistent too - I downloaded a 4MB file several times with fetch,
> and several times with wget, and on each TCP_HIT it took 3 minutes 25
> seconds, which wget reports as 20.01 KB/s.

Does that match your IO fetch speed reported in iostat?

> As I said before, I'm pretty sure that something has changed here. When I
> first setup squid, a few months ago, cached images were loading
> instantaneously. It's pretty hard to say when it changed because my large
> downloads don't go through squid, and 20.01 KB/s times several connections
> simply makes a cached page look like an uncached page.

It shouldn't be anything with Squid, but its hard to tell without being able
to duplicate the issue. And I've tested squid at home with your basic config,
everything works fine here under FreeBSD, with:

[adrian@jacinta ~]$ cat /etc/libmap.conf
squid
     libpthread.so.2 libthr.so.2
     libpthread.so libthr.so