[squid-users] bluecoat proxying to squid

From: Michael Pye <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:49:45 +0100

Hi

Anyone ever used a bluecoat sg device to proxy to a squid ? The bluecoat
is basically another caching proxy, we have configured as a reverse
proxy that is forwarding requests to a squid box, which is also a
reverse proxy forwarding requests to apache.

We are setting the "Cache-Control" header like this:

Cache-Control: max-age=300, public, s-maxage=300

Most requests this is fine, and both squid and the bluecoat honour the
header and expire the document after the age has reached 300. Some
documents on the bluecoat however are not and you end up with headers
like this:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK