Re: [squid-users] Wrong ports denied as SSL_ports

From: Neil A. Hillard <neil.hillard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:00:21 +0100

Jan,

Jan Groenewald wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 01:15:02PM +0100, Neil A. Hillard wrote:
>> Although you have 1024-6000 listed in safe_ports, that will only allow
>> access for http. You are attempting to use https so you will also need
>> to list it in ssl_ports.
>
> It is not normal to have an application request CONNECT on many ports
> in 4000-6000, right?

Definitely not! It would allow the user to create a tunnel to anything!
 You could just add port 4000 to ssl_ports if that's what you want.

Here, we need to connect to some services on non-standard ports
(although we do our best to get the service provider to change it to a
standard port) so I combine the port, CONNECT and dstdomain to only
allow them out to that one service.

HTH,

                                Neil.

--