[squid-users] good intro on the role of /etc/hosts with relation to cache_peer's?

From: Anton Melser <melser.anton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:23:56 +0200

Hi,
I have realised my problem... I was trying to switch machines with a
site, but had forgotten to change /etc/hosts. Is this the perfect
example of the difference between compiling with and without the
internal dns option? I ask this because no matter what IP address I
put in the cache_peer, it still seems to look at /etc/hosts...
Is this right? Is there a reasonably short explanation of how this works?
Cheers
Anton