Re: [squid-users] caching data for thousands of nodes in a compute cluster

From: Pablo García <malevo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:57:53 -0300

Dave, If you can configure a farm of squid nodes and a bunch of web
servers to serve as origin servers, then you could use a load balancer
appliance (Citrix Netscaler, F5, Cisco, etc), that, by using a URLHASH
based algorithm it would request the same url from the same squid and
in case of a crash in that node, you would have only one cache miss.

Regards, Pablo