RE: [squid-users] Red Hat 5 - Squid 2.6 Stable 13 WCCP V2 and GRE

From: Van Der Hart, Kevin <kvanderhart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:16:13 -0500

 I have determined what is happening but am not sure what to do to fix the problem. I ran tcpdump on my client and it sent 3 SYN requests. I saw 378 SYN requests come in my GRE interface and saw 375 SYN requests go out my ETH interface with a source IP of the client address. Since the source address is not the Squid machine, WCCP is sending them back to me again. Is Linux forwarding these packets acting as a router or does Squid use the client IP address in its request to contact the real web server?

Thanks,

Kevin