Re: [squid-users] CROSS-COMPILE Squid for ARM using ELDk 4.1

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:59:38 +0200

tis 2007-06-12 klockan 01:25 -0300 skrev Pietro F. Menna:
'
> Now the not that nice stuff. I'm still having issues
> compiling squid 2.6.13 for ARM. It seems that the
> makefile tries to run cf_gen, but the cf_gen just
> compiled is not for being run from a i386, just for
> ARM. It also seems it is just used to create the
> squid.conf file - please correct me if I'm wrong -.

Try replacing the cf_gen binary in the build directory with one from an
native build. Should work I think. Or check how OpenWRT, OpenEmbedded
etc build their Squid packages.

First build Squid natively on the host to get cf_gen, then in the
cross-compile run

  make -C lib
  make -C src cf_gen
  cp /path/to/host_build/src/cf_gen src/
  touch src/cf_gen
  make

To set up the makefiles to allow for proper build of cf_gen in a
cross-compile is a rather major task, probably easier to rewrite cf_gen
in perl or awk to avoid that mess..