Re: [squid-users] Squid3 Samba3 PDC Authentication via LDAP -- help

From: D & E Radel <radel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:02:16 +1200

Etienne Pretorius wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I have a slight problem. I need to squid to authenticate against a samba
> PDC with an LDAP backend. I would like it to do the Authentication
> without the help of SAMBA and to get the password right out of the LDAP
> server and unhash.
>

> Would this be the helper I am looking for (squid3):

Hi Etienne,

I am not sure about SAMBA, but for 2003 Server I use:

/usr/lib/squid/ldap_auth -R
-b "dc=www,dc=domain,dc=com"
-D "cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=www,dc=domain,dc=com"
-w "adminpasswordhere"
-f sAMAccountName=%s
-h 192.168.1.221

...where 192.168.1.221 is the IP address of the PDC (a Windows 2003 Server).

To be more tricky, with help from the people on this list a few years ago, I have put this is a
script where I can test against two different domain controllers. Helpful if you have two or more
domains on your network.

Maybe this is some help?

Cheers,
Dietrich