[squid-users] Squid + ldap +ssl Secure authentication

From: Vootla, Bhagwan <Bhagwan.Vootla@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 07:47:51 -0400

Greetings !

I configured Squid+LDAP which works fine, but passwords are sent in
plain text format over LAN.
I need to send the passwords over SSL. In this regard, I have two
questions.

1) I have read that SSL encryption can be achieved from proxy
server to ldap server only. How can I achieve from browser to proxy
server ?
2) I created a cert in /etc/openldap/cacerts/cert.pem. How do I
tell squid_ldap_auth to use this cert and encrypt the password. (my ldap
server listens on 389,636 ports).

I also tried with -Z option from the command line, But I get "Could not
Activate TLS connection"
echo "user pass" | /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -Z -v 3 -h x.x.x.x -D
"cn=3DDirectory Manager" -w "****" -b "ou=3D**,dc=3D***,dc=3Dcom" -f =
'cn=3D%s' -d
Could not Activate TLS connection

Please help me in out configuring.