Re: [squid-users] Hole in my thinking - still

From: Bobby <bobby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:30:29 -0400

On Thursday 14 June 2007 08:58:57 you wrote:

> > Those three dots should mean the IP's, right?
> > Then not having anything after allow managers means "all"?
>
> um, um, no,no,....
> .... I think I finally see whats in your head.
> You are thinking there are implicit defaults involved in each rule right?
>
> Lets see if this makes things any clearer for you:
>
> http_access allow a
> => IF a is true -> allow
>
> http_access allow b c
> => IF b is true AND c is true -> allow
>
> http_access deny d e
> => IF d is true -> deny
>

> Each acl are done is very similar way to see 'if its true'
>
> acl src b
> => IS message is comming from IP b ? true/false
>
> acl dst c
> => IS message is going to IP c ? true/false
>
> etc. etc.
>

> Amos

No I can't say that I did. :) What I did not know was that each IP needed the
mask. I had the idea it would recognize a single IP as just one. My question
here was based on the fact that you added three periods and I did not know if
that had a specific meaning or you were indicating that I should replace them
with whatever IP's I had.

Thanks,

--
Bobby