[squid-users] About ready to give up.....

From: Fiero, Paul <Paul.Fiero@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:55:39 -0500

Hey all, I'm about ready to give up...honest.

I've set up squid.2.6-STABLE13 with WCCP. I've configured the GRE
tunnel (I'm running CentOS 4.5 with kernel 2.6.9-55.EL.smp) and it comes
up. When I start squid I see the WCCP traffic going back and forth
between the cache server and the router. And a router debug of packets
and events shows the squid box trying to connect....and in fact shows a
member change event.

But....nothing ever shows up on the Squid server. I do a tcpdump -i
wccp0 (the name of the GRE tunnel interface) and nothing shows.

Any ideas? I'm getting desparate. I have to have this working by end
of business tomorrow.

Paul Fiero, RHCE
Information Security Analyst
Communications and Technology Management Office
City of Austin
(512) 974-3559

The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission is
confidential. It may also be a privileged work product or proprietary
information. This information is intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution [other
than to the addressee(s)], copying or taking of any action because of
this information is strictly prohibited.