RE: [squid-users] Red Hat 5 - Squid 2.6 Stable 13 WCCP V2 and GRE

From: Van Der Hart, Kevin <kvanderhart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 20:33:32 -0500

It works if I configure my client to use the proxy and it works if I
point my default route to the proxy machine when I am on the same
subnet. The firewall is completely disabled. gre1 has IP of 127.0.0.2.

http_port 3128 transparent

iptables-save -t nat
# Generated by iptables-save v1.3.5 on Thu Jun 14 14:58:08 2007
*nat
:PREROUTING ACCEPT [139:7087]
:POSTROUTING ACCEPT [742:45345]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [622:39585]
-A PREROUTING -i gre1 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports
3128
COMMIT
# Completed on Thu Jun 14 14:58:08 2007