[squid-users] Fwd: Squid historical cache?

From: Tim Alexander <dragonfyre13@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 02:05:11 -0500

I had a question about squid, and I don't really know where to go to
get the answer. (been on google, been on IRC, looked through the docs,
etc.)

Here's what I'm wondering. I know that Squid caches pages so that
browsing is sped up. I also know that it can be set to cache even
dynamic pages and such. Is there a program out there that
can view this cache? (see what is in the cache, like on a "last visited" basis?)

If so, that would make my job a lot easier. I am looking to see if
there is a way i can do historical caching as well. Basically, I don't
want to discard cache, because I want to be able to view everything
that people on the network did (the actual page itself, and the data
itself, etc.) Basically, this would incorporate squid into a group of
applications that I am putting together as a parental monitoring
suite. I know this is kind of changing what squid is actually made to
do (OK, totally changing what it is supposed to do) but as far as I
know, squid is one of the best caching proxies out there, and caching
proxies is where I'm working from as far as my needs go. It also has
some great support by the linux community, and by people actually
working with it in the field.

In short, I want to know if I can browse cache with some kind of a
pre-existing interface, and if there is some way I can make squid keep
the page, or move it off somewhere, instead of deleting it from cache.

 Thank you in advance for your help.