Re: [squid-users] RE: Using squid through a ipsec-isakmp tunnel

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:46:19 +0200

fre 2007-06-15 klockan 17:41 +0100 skrev Darren Goulden:
> Hello,
>
> I need some help using squid browsing through a ipsec-isakmp tunnel.
>
> We have been using squid internally now for quite a while and recently
> implemented a ipsec-isakmp tunnel to manage one of our customers
> services remotely (via http), the way its setup is as follows;

If you draw ascii diagrams, make sure to use Courier or another
monospace font, and disable linewrap.. Impossible to read otherwise.

Regarding your problem. The speed impacts of Squid should be negligible.
If you see a drastic difference then something is wrong.

It's very hard to say from the data you have provided what might be
wrong, but it smells more network related than Squid.

Simple test: Can you from the Squid server access the customer network
fine without using Squid? (Squid will only run as fine as the host Squid
is running on..)