Re: [squid-users] 2.6-S13 + diskd is freaky bugged

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:39:29 -0300 (BRT)

Henrik Nordstrom disse na ultima mensagem:

> It means it's the first time we have heard of this problem.
>
> And yes, I don't care much for diskd. Never have. My main focus is on
> aufs and ufs. But how swap.state is maintained should be the same in all
> three "ufs" based cache_dir types. And with current FreeBSDs also fully
> capable of using aufs...

that is too sad to hear ...

capable is one thing but the fast thing is what diskd is, especially on
smp machines

anyway, I wonder, why then the swap.state problem does not appear when
using ufs. On FreeBSD you can tear off the powercable twice and trice and
squid with ufs cache_dir comes up fine after fsck corrected the errors -
but - diskd goes wild

it is clearly a diskd isolated problem since the cache_dir and swap.state
are the same for both, so I guess it has nothing to do with the swap.state
file it is only wrongly rebuild when running diskd

Michel

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.