Re: [squid-users] how squid act on caching same file on dif url

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:49:48 +0200

On 18.06.07 20:13, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> It relies on extracting MD5s for the content out.

While we eant to preserve duplicate transfer, yes. And I even wouldn't only
trust the md5, size is also important and havint different checksum could be
accepted as safe.

> Thats an interesting idea, but you can't expect remote sites to expose a
> Content-MD5 header from upstream/origin servers.

Of course, but if they provide them...
However I just wanted to point out that there is such plan already.

LSD will make your ECS screen display 16.7 million colors