Re: [squid-users] Probleme sind Debian Upgrade (woody -> sarge)

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:28:57 +0200

On 19.06.07 14:08, Andrew Miehs wrote:
> From everything I read every day on the squid mailing list - UPGRADE
> to squid 2.6
>
> or why not just upgrade your entire box to Debian etch - went stable
> 3 months ago...?

I guess he first has to upgrade to sarge, direct upgrade from woody to etch
is not supported (and probably even possible). So intermediary upgrade to
sarge is not a bad idea.

Another way is reinstall to etch, but may cause big delay and hard
reconfiguration of squid and other services. The changes are much bigger
there, although someone may prefer to create new configuration from scratch
to avoid historical bugs and leaks in configs...

Silvester Stallone: Father of the RISC concept.