[squid-users] RE: Squid + ldap +ssl Secure authentication

From: Vootla, Bhagwan <Bhagwan.Vootla@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:15:59 -0400

Thanks Henrik.

I want to share some information here which would help someone.

This is the exact command which did the trick for me.

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -b
"ou=yyy,dc=xxx,dc=com" -H ldaps://ldapserver.domain.com:636 -v 3 -f
"uid=%s"

by running 'openssl s_client -connect ldap:636' I got to see the exact
Common Name (CN) and had specify in the command like above.

I got to see successful ldaps connections on my ldap server. Hopefully
-Z is no more needed for me. Please correct me if I am wrong.

To avoid sending plain text from browser to Squid proxy, I created a ssh
tunnel using my putty(from localhost port 8080 to proxy:8080), And I
specified localhost in the browser. This seems to be working fine,
except that I need to keep the putty session open always.

Obviously none of the users want to open a session on their desktop
browser while browsing. Now I am exploring a way to create this ssh
tunnel using some script which should not need any action from the end
user. I appreciate if someone has some information to share with.

Thanks,

Best Regards,
Bhagwan