[squid-users] windows update through squid -- sharing experience

From: Jigar Raval <ojigar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:37:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,

I would like to share my experience about windows
updtate service pack 2 and latest version through
proxy. We have observed if Windows XP Professional
Version 2002, Service Pack2 has automatica update is
enable than squid was not allowing to update windows.
We had a lot of communication with microsoft but we
could not get proper solution. We were trying by
different option. We format our system and installed
with Windows XP service Pack1 and turn off automatic
update and tried to update and we got succeed. Then,
we turn off the window automatic update option and try
to update, the system updated successfully.

Those who have windows update problem, with squid
kindly try. If anyone has some different
experience,kindly give me suggestion.

Thank you.

Jigar