[squid-users] reverse proxy tutorial version dependant?

From: Babar Haq <babarhaq@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 02:41:16 +0500

Hi all

I am trying to set up a reverse proxy. I found a tutorial which seems pretty different from others at http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy Is this tutorial by any chance only for squid 2.6 upwards? I am configuring it on squid 2.5. Actually there is a statement in the tutorial which is confusing me

"Note: The accel option to http_port is optional and should only be specified for 2.6.STABLE8 and later. In all versions Squid-2.6 and later specifying one of defaultsite or vhost is sufficient."

Thanks in advance.

Babar

--
Get a Free E-mail Account at Mail.com!