[squid-users] Force squid to use new neighbour

From: Jamie Learmonth <jamielists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 17:03:26 +0100

Hi all,

I am writing a custom proxy for squid to query as a cache_peer . What I
am looking for is a way to tell squid to try a different peer if
anything goes wrong within my proxy. Is there any HTTP Response Code or
HTTP Header that I can send to squid in order to force it to try the
next peer in it's list, or is my only option to forward the request
myself to the next peer and then send the response back to squid?

Any ideas appreciated,

Jamie Learmonth