Re: [squid-users] squid-2.6.STABLE.13 + NTLM Basic authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:43:12 +0200

mån 2007-06-25 klockan 17:09 +0530 skrev Jegadeesh:

> Can ntlm_auth auth helper be used for basic scheme or should only be
> used with ntlm scheme?

Depends on which ntlm_auth helper you talk about. Is it the old obsolete
helper shipped with Squid-2.5 and earlier, or the ntlm_auth from Samba?

From your configuration and executable location I guess you are
attempting to use the old ntlm_auth helper which used to be shipped with
Squid. That helper is an NTLM scheme helper only, and really should not
be used as

> How to configure the NTLM authentication using basic scheme?

There is many basic scheme helpers talking to Windows domains which is
what I assume you ask about.

see helpers/basic_auth for a list of helpers shipped with Squid.

My recommendation is to use ntlm_auth from Samba. This supports both
basic and ntlm schemes, and makes benefit from all the Windows Domain
support of Samba to work well with NT Domains, ADS forests etc..