Re: [squid-users] Capitalisation and Usernames

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:47:35 +0200

ons 2007-06-27 klockan 14:29 +0800 skrev Adrian Chadd:

> If you can't do it with regexp's inside squid.conf then I'm sure
> a simple patch to squid to lower-case the authenticated username
> wouldn't take much time.

From what I can tell all the needed support is already there. Not in
making usernames lowercase but instead to allow case-insensitive
matching. (difference is that access.log contains original case).

Both proxy_auth and proxy_auth_regex accepts the -i flag making them
case-insensitive. Most relevant acl group helpers is also
case-insensitive due to their backends being case-insensitive
(wbinfo_group, ldap_group)