[squid-users] --enable-fd-config

From: Fiero, Paul <Paul.Fiero@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:37:52 -0500

We are having problems with our web browsing coming to a crawl. This
appears to be a file descriptors issue. I am gathering that squid uses
--enable-fd-config to deal with file descriptors now? How do I
configure my squid server to use more than 1024 descriptors?

I used to set 'ulimit -HSn 32768' and then included that in my squid
init file and all was happy. But on this installation it appears that
the old method doesn't work and I see reference to --enable-fd-config
when I do squid -v.

Any input would be VERY welcomed immediately.

Paul Fiero, RHCE
Information Security Analyst
Communications and Technology Management Office
City of Austin
(512) 974-3559

The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission is
confidential. It may also be a privileged work product or proprietary
information. This information is intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution [other
than to the addressee(s)], copying or taking of any action because of
this information is strictly prohibited.