[squid-users] Logging usernames without any authentication

From: Andreas Pettersson <andpet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:11:58 +0200

Hi list.

I'm trying to have usernames logged in access.log, but I'm not (at the
moment) interested in any kind of authentication. It should be more like
a bonus, so to speak. If someone browses using firefox on linux then
there's no hope, BUT traffic from my Windows 2003 Terminal Servers using
Internet Explorer is perhaps easier to track. I just don't know how to
approach this. I want the client to (silently) pass credentials but not
deny access if there's none. (However there is an Active Directory
available.)

Any hints much appreciated. Squid 2.6 STABLE13.

Best regards,
Andreas