Re: [squid-users] session help and deny_info

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:30:56 +0200

tor 2007-06-28 klockan 11:45 +0200 skrev Paolo Biancolli:

> I am considering using the session helper and deny_info to display a
> "terms/conditions of use" page when my users launch a browser. From what
> I understand is that upon launching the browser deny_info will redirect
> the browser to another url displaying the terms/conditions. You then are
> redirected back to your originally requested page.

It's not based on when the browser is launched, it's based on the proxy
seeing traffic from the client.

As HTTP is stateless the proxy do not know when the user opens/closes
his browser.

> My concern is how this process will impact applications authenticating
> against the proxy that are not browser based, like skype, msn messenger
> etc.

If there isn't already an active session the request will be denied. But
depending on what mode you run the session helper in it's just once..