[squid-users] squid-2.6.STABLE.13 + NTLM authentication problem

From: Jegadeesh <kovaiteam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 09:00:41 +0530

Hello All,

I have configured squid-2.6.STABLE.13 + for basic scheme
authentication using ntlm_auth helper that come with samba. But I am
not able to successfully authentocate the users.

When I tested the auth_helper in command line it gave the following
error message

#/usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=3Dsquid-2.5-basic
jas jas
ERR

But the same server is able to authenticate when I use msnt_auth
helper that come with squid. Is there anyother change I have to make
samba/squid to make it work with ntlm_auth helper.

The wbinfo command gave the message as follows.

#wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO (0xc00000da)
Could not check secret

The portion of squid configuration file is given below

auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=3Dsquid-2.5-basic
auth_param basic children 6
auth_param basic realm Internet Access
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
acl ntlm_users proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow ntlm_users
http_access deny all

The portion of samba configuration file is given below

[global]
workgroup = mydomain
server string = mydomain jag
hosts allow = 10.1. 127.
security = user
password server = 10.1.1.32
encrypt passwords = yes
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=3D8192 SO_SNDBUF=3D8192
local master = yes
os level = 64
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
domain logons = yes
wins support = no
dns proxy = no
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
winbind separator = +
winbind cache time = 10
winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000
winbind use default domain = yes

Please any one help me to solve this problem.

Thanks,
-Jegadeesh