Re: [squid-users] Cannot connect to Squid's default port

From: Reid <reid_sf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:35:40 -0700 (PDT)

> Do a telnet localhost 3128
> If you get ANY response, the port is open for the localhost, if the
> command fails immediately or it takes ages to fail, there is a firewall
> blocking access from localhost. You can do the same from a client in
> your network; replace the localhost by the IP of your squid server.
> Works also under Windows CMD shell.
>
> Hope this helps,
> JC

This is the response I get:

telnet localhost 3128
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

I get the same result for ports like 8000, 8080.

Telnet from client to 3128 hangs and doesn't connect. Telnet to other ports does connect.

that gives answers, not web links.