Re: [squid-users] Redirect Connection Based-on MIME types

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 08:51:57 +0200

On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 23:44 +0700, Ferdian Alfianto wrote:

> I have Fedora Core 6 with Squid 2.6-Stable12 installed. I have two
> internet connetions, on two ethernet card (et0 and eth1).
> I want all traffic for html files (including xml, css, php, etc)
> redirect to eth0, and for other files (such as zip, rar, mp3, flv,
> swf, mpeg and other huge files) redirect to eth1. How can I do that?

See policy routing for how to use multiple interernet connections on the
same server. This is a general networking problem, not related to Squid.

See tcp_outgoing_address how to make use of the policy routing, making
Squid indicate which link should be used (requires policy routing to
first be operational).