[squid-users] High Memory Usage

From: Sekar <sekarit@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 20:40:14 +0530

Hello All,

I have a list of urls to be blocked in a text file and the size of it is
4MB. Squid has been configured to use this to match the requested urls
and configuration is given below.

acl blocked url_regex '/usr/local/squid/blocked.txt'
http_access deny blocked

This is working perfectly as expected. But squid uses high percentage of
memory. Because of that, we have lot of swapping process going on and it
also takes considerable CPU usage. I suppose it is something to do with
"url_regex".

Please guide me to solve this memory usage issue.

Thanks in Advance,
Sekar