[squid-users] Optimizing squid? Does anyone have an docs on optimizing squid?

From: Mark Vickers <markv@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 16:54:08 -0400

I have it set up as reverse proxy.

In test I hit it with eight load clients but can't but can't get the CPU
on the squid or carp boxes to go above 30%, and I can only pull down
about 500 10k files per second.

This is in a configuration that only uses memory on the squids, so it's
not the disk that is the bottle neck.

All this makes me think something besides CPU is the bottleneck?

Does anyone have an docs on optimizing squid? Kernel settings? Cat
stuff to proc? ?????

Thank you!

-Vickers