Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxy with 2.6 and several backends with different ports

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 00:31:48 +0200

On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 17:52 +0200, Emilio Casbas wrote:

> No, our squid-2.5 accelerator configuration is:
>
> httpd_accel_host virtual
> httpd_accel_port 80
> httpd_accel_with_proxy on
> httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

Are you sure about the httpd_accel_host virtual think?? Not commonly
used, and requires redirector rules to rewrite the host IP addresses to
suitable webservers..

> plus the several rewrite rules working in redirector.

The redirector rule you posted could not match in the data you posted
with the above configuration.

> Which we have translate to:
>
> http_port 80 accel defaultsite=www.unav.es vhost

Kind of.. "httpd_accel_host www.unav.es" in the 2.5 config above would
make them more equivalent..

> cache_peer webcluster.cti.unav.es parent 80 0 no-query originserver
> name=unav

That's fine.

> In order to route the problematic request We have done:
>
> http_port 80 accel defaultsite=www.unav.es vhost
> acl argatest urlpath_regex /alumno/ga/
>
> cache_peer webcluster.cti.unav.es parent 80 0 no-query originserver
> name=unav
> cache_peer arga.unav.es parent 8080 0 no-query originserver name=arga
>
> cache_peer_access arga allow argatest
> cache_peer_access unav deny argatest

Looks ok. You might want to use a ^/alumno/ga/ above however just in
case that string appears elsewere in a requested URL...

> and we have deleted the rewrite rule on the redirector.
>
> Now seeing the access.log looks like is working;
>
> orfeo.cti.unav.es - - [02/Jul/2007:16:52:19 +0200] "GET
> http://www.unav.es/alumno/ga/alumno/servlet/es/unav/ga/comun/consultasAlumno/ConsultasAlumno.html
> HTTP/1.0" 302 495 TCP_MISS:FIRST_UP_PARENT

And if you use the normal Squid format you'll also see which parent it
was sent to.

This indicates the web server responded with a redirect. If you enable
log_mime_hdrs you will see the full server response, in there look for
the Location header to see where the redirect sent by the server was
going..