Re: [squid-users] SquidNT Reporting - Analysis Tools

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 15:05:04 +0545

Adam Parsons wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My organisation is about to send out almost 400 SquidNT boxes to different sites and would like to know the best way of being able to keep a track of their health (i.e. cache percentages, hit ratios, etc.) What would be the best way to remotely connect to these boxes to analyse their logs? I have setup Calamaris on our Linux boxes, which works well, but unfortunately these 400 boxes are running Windows XP and SquidNT. What do people recommend for SquidNT?
>
> Thanks - Adam

Hi Adam,

I would recommend using Nagios to monitor the overall status of your 400
SquidNT boxes. For individual Squid status on each of those 400 SquidNT
boxes, you can using MRTG with SNMP to monitor its' status.

Of course, as Adrian mentioned, you have to configure with the following
compilation parameter,

"--enable-snmp"

Or even better, the RRD graphs which Hendrik had posted a few days ago
are superb.

Please find the post by Hendrik below:

http://www.henriknordstrom.net/code/squid_statistics/

the rrdtool scripts collecting the graphs is found in the code
directory..

With best regards and good wishes,
Yours sincerely,
Tek Bahadur Limbu