Re: [squid-users] Recommended Cache Settings for cache_mem

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 08:11:51 -0300 (BRT)

Alexandre Correa disse na ultima mensagem:
> i have 1 dedicated server for squid serving about 700 users simultaneous
> and
> 80 req/s !!
>
> server is dual opteron dual core and 4gb of ram..
>
> this cache_mem is fine ?
>
> cache_mem 256 MB
>
> or is best decrease ou increase this ?

how much you need depends in parts on maximum_object_size_in_memory also

you might like to monitor squid's memory usage and increase cache_mem to a
value which just not cause swap usage but I would say you could set it
initially to 350-450MB or something

Michel

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.