[squid-users] squid and content filtering

From: Dave <dmehler26@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 10:31:05 -0400

Hello,
    I'm running squid 2.6 with icap support on FreeBSD 6.2. I've done some
searching on this, but was wondering what the current trend was with squid
and content filtering? The last time i tried it it was with squid 2.5 and
adding in the content filter slowed browsing and the internet down extremely
noticeably. I'm using bannerfilter as a banner redirector and am happy with
it, and am looking in to items for av, but i wanted to look at content
filtering as well. Particularly i'd like to block flash and javascript, but
only on certain clients.
Thanks.
Dave.