Re: [squid-users] Different scenarios in a reverse proxy environment

From: <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 11:09:50 +1200 (NZST)

> 2007/7/5, Emilio Casbas <ecasbas@unav.es>:
>>
>> I think this example would be redundant, We could achive the same
>> objective with:
>>
>> cache_peer 12.34.56.78 parent 80 0 no-query originserver
>> name=CCTV
>>
>> acl service_cctv dstdomain .cctv.com
>> cache_peer_access CCTV allow service_cctv
>>

> No.This site of cctv.com has lots of virtual hosts,and those virtual
> hosts are located in different original servers.So for us the
> statement of 'dstdomain .cctv.com' is not useful at all.

You should still be able to condense the *_access lines down to a single
instance. Like so:

acl service_cctv dstdomain d1.cctv.com
acl service_cctv dstdomain d2.cctv.com
acl service_cctv dstdomain d3.cctv.com
cache_peer_access CCTV allow service_cctv

With a different acl name for each distinct-origin set of virtual hosts.

Amos