Re: [squid-users] Log file question??

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:02:28 -0800

James Byrne wrote:
> I am not very experienced with this and sorry for my stupid question,
> but i was wondering about log files, i have a white list proxy set up,
> and i need to know which log file i need to use to get the urls that
> the proxy blocked. Also the default path if that is not hard.
>
> Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Check the access.log for any lines containing TCP_DENIED/403. More
details on the access.log are available at
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidLogs#head-9726ca355b50b0f794212297fc345fe217a4108b

As for the default path... That depends entirely on how Squid was
compiled. Run "squid -v" and look for --prefix, and --localstatedir.
That should give you a starting point. They default to /usr/local/squid
and /usr/local/squid/var respectively, which would put your logs in
/usr/local/squid/var/log. But it's likely that your distribution has
changed the defaults.

Chris