Re: [squid-users] SNMP & Squid 2.6STABLE12 problems

From: Angela Williams <angie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:07:10 +0200

Hi All!
On Friday 13 July 2007 06:33, Ken.Thomson@audit.nsw.gov.au wrote:
> To answer my own question...(why do you always find a solution only
> minutes after posting a Q :-)
>
> The reason for the errors was that the new snmpwalk program defaults to
> using the SNMP v3 protocol which it appears Squid does not understand.
>
> If I use a command of 'snmpwalk -v 1 -c public udp:localhost:3401
> .1.3.6.1.4.1.3495.1.1' I get the results expected.

Been there too! I have always tried to avoid snmp but now suddenly a few sites
that I'm going to have to use it!

It would be interesting to hear you results!
I have tried to get mrtg to play nicely with squid but it almost seems that
mrtg does not use the squid mib file I told it to. Mrtg needs the full oid
before it get the snmp info.
I'm on the point of giving Henrik Nordstrom's rrd-tool stuff a go.

Cheers
Ang

--
Angela Williams				Enterprise Outsourcing
Unix/Linux & Cisco spoken here!		Bedfordview