Re: [squid-users] Squid asking password repeatedly

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 14:58:18 +0200

lör 2007-07-14 klockan 18:10 +0530 skrev Prasad Deshpande:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Squid 2.6 Stable 5. I am facing typical problem of
> authentication. I have restricted one user (joe) to one particular site.
> It is working fine but it keeps on asking the password repeatedly. I
> have also tried restarting the squid. Can any body help me in this?
>
> I have put this request earlier but could not get the answer.
>

> The acl used are:
>
> acl sitepermitted dstdomain .mydomain.com acl user1 proxy_auth joe
> http_access allow sitepermitted user1

> http_access deny user1

This line will make Squid request new credentials.. any http_access deny
line where the last acl on that line is user related will..

to get around this there is two ways. Either redo the above to deny
user1 access to any site except the permitted (he will be allowed
below..)

http_access deny user1 !sitepermitted

or alternatively use a dummy acl

http_access allow sitepermitted user1