[squid-users] How to configure Squid with SSL for a virtual hosting server?

From: fulan Peng <fulanpeng@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 01:28:32 -0400

Hi, All!

I have configured Squid 3.0 PRE4 to be an accelelator to reverse proxy
a web site, say, www.google.com with a registered domain name, say
www.google-proxy.com
I am running squid as non-root user at port 8443. I use firewall to
redirect 443 request to 8443. So browsers can
https://www.google-proxy.com to browse www.google.com. Every thing is
fine for now.

Now I want to register another domain name, say, yahoo-proxy.com. I
want users to type https://www.yahoo-proxy.com to reach www.yahoo.com.
I want to use only one computer.

Now, www.yahoo-proxy.com and www.google-proxy.com share the same IP
address. How Squid figoure out which is www.google.com and which
www.yahoo.com?

I do not want to use different port number because my customer do not
like to use a column and I do not like to put an Apache in front of
Squid.

Some one please help!