Re: [squid-users] LDAP problems

From: Danita Zanre <danita@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:46:54 -0600

Fixed - somehow some of my users didn't have a "uniqueID" attribute, and this was causing the problems!

Thanks

Danita

>>> "Danita Zanre" <danita@caledonia.net> 07/17/07 5:32 PM >>>
I am authenticating squid to a Novell eDirectory LDAP server. It's a small home system (I'm a consultant, and my network is my family <g>), and I thought it was working fine. That's because I can log in, and the child I was using as my tester can also log in!

However, now that I have everything setup and dansguardian working, I started rolling it out to the rest of the crew. I have 6 total users, and only the two of us that I was using for testing can authenticate. Everyone else just gets a popup for a login over and over. I know that the passwords are correct, and the ldap context is the same for everyone, etc. The ldap line looks like this:

auth_param basic program /usr/sbin/squid_ldap_auth -b "o=cnc" -f "uid=%s" -h 192.168.100.236:389

Oh - and I used the SuSE rpm for installing this - squid-2.6.STABLE13-19.x86_64.rpm running on a SLES 10 64 bit server.

Thanks.

Danita