Re: [squid-users] Squid and level 4 switch

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 07:10:30 -0300 (BRT)

Ming-Ching Tiew disse na ultima mensagem:

> Anyone has experience with level 4 switch ? What is the working
> principle of a level 4 in respect to redirecting web traffic to a cache
> engine ? Does it do dst IP address rewrite ( iptables DNAT ) or
> does it do dst MAC address rewrite ( ebtables dnat ) when redirecting
> traffic to the cache engine ?

a level 4 switch should understand up to osi layer 7 what means it can
understand nat and you can use it for loadbalancing the requests to
between several servers

> Can I simulate a level 4 switch behaviour using Linux ? If yes,
> any insight to the necessary ebtables/iptables rules ?

it should so and probably you like to have a look also at Linux LVS
project (www.linuxvirtualserver.org)

Michel

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.