Re: [squid-users] Squid API to External Helper.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 00:09:33 +0200

On mån, 2007-07-23 at 11:06 -0400, gonzales@linuxlouis.net wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions as to 'how' to make this work well? Or
> Henrik, do you have any suggestions as to where I might start looking in
> the Squid code, as to how I can modify 'how' URL's are passed to the
> external helper?

How do you want to modify it?

My recommendations:

1. Don't send the URL-path to the helper unless you absolutely need it.
The less data Squid has to send to the helper, the less queries it will
make.

2. If you write your own helper, enable the concurrency even if you
don't have support for parallell lookups. This way the helper can
process the queries in batches.